2017 United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey LIVE UNITED Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. The United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (“the UWGP&SNJ”) is conducting its 2017 LIVE UNITED Sweepstakes (“the Sweepstakes”). For more information you may contact the UWGP&SNJ at 1709 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103, via telephone at 215-665-2500, or UnitedForImpact.org/Contact-Us.
2. The odds of winning the prize will be determined by the number of entries. The prize is: a 2017 MINI Cooper S Clubman ALL4. Retail value $37,500.
3. Eligibility: An individual becomes eligible for the Sweepstakes by making a first-time
pledge of $24 or more to the 2017 UWGP&SNJ Impact Fund campaign providing a personal email address. If an individual made a pledge to the 2016 UWGP&SNJ Impact Fund campaign, a pledge to the 2017 UWGP&SNJ Impact Fund campaign of $24 more than that individual’s pledge to the 2016 UWGP&SNJ Impact Fund campaign and providing a personal email address will make that individual eligible for entry in the Sweepstakes. Only pledges made between December 16th, 2016 and December 8th, 2017 will be accepted for the Sweepstakes. Making a pledge will not guarantee that an individual will win a prize. Each individual’s UWGP&SNJ pledge form, whether completed through that individual’s
workplace or via online submission, must be completed and received by the UWGP&SNJ
by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on December 8th, 2017 to be automatically entered. Cumulative pledges will not be counted; if multiple pledges are received from the same individual, the UWGP&SNJ will only include the first qualifying pledge received for entry in the Sweepstakes. To constitute a qualified entry, all individual information must be completed and received by the entry deadline of 5:00 p.m. EST on December 8th, 2017. All pledges must include all required individual information, including pledges submitted through an individual’s workplace or if such workplace uses a third party to submit entries on behalf of its employees. Information (including contact information) with respect to the applicable pledge is necessary in order for such pledge to be complete and deemed a qualified entry.
4. NO PURCHASE OR PLEDGE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. You may enter the Sweepstakes without making a PLEDGE by visiting UnitedForImpact.org/SweepstakesEntry. Each individual may only submit one entry. If multiple entries are received by the same individual, the UWGP&SNJ will only include the first qualifying entry received as an entry in the Sweepstakes. A PLEDGE will not improve one’s chances of WINNING the prize; individuals who enter the Sweepstakes in this manner have the same odds of WINNING as those who enter by making a PLEDGE. All entry forms must be received by the entry deadline of 5:00 P.M. EST on December 8th, 2017 to be eligible for the drawing of the prize for the Sweepstakes. Completing an entry will not guarantee that an individual will win the prize.
5. The UWGP&SNJ is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, or misdirected entries, which will not be deemed a qualified entry.
6. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and is void where prohibited by law. Following the drawing and verification of eligibility, the winner will be notified and a public announcement will be made.
7. The random electronic drawing will take place at a UWGP&SNJ Executive Committee or Campaign Cabinet meeting on or around February 8th, 2018. After the drawing there will be a prize award ceremony during the early spring of 2018. Proper identification will be required upon presentation of the prize. If
the winner of the prize is unable to be present at the time of the prize award ceremony, a
representative may receive the prize on the winner’s behalf if the winner provides written consent for the representative to receive the prize. Following the drawing, the name of the winner will be posted on our website at: UnitedForImpact.org/SweepstakesPrizes. The prize cannot be substituted The UWGP&SNJ reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or terminate this Sweepstakes in the event of any act, occurrence, or other reason that causes the UWGP&SNJ to believe in its sole judgment that the integrity, administration, or fairness of the Sweepstakes is jeopardized.
8. Employees, members of the Board of Directors of the UWGP&SNJ, and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
9. The winner agrees to participate in any promotional activities held in conjunction with the Sweepstakes including, but not limited to, the use of their name and photograph in all media which may include, radio, television, website, and print in addition to other forms of media.
10. The winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes and fees relating to the prize
including, but not limited to, excise, federal, state, and local income taxes. The prize is not
transferable or redeemable for cash.
11. The winner will be required to sign a release and hold harmless agreement in favor of the UWGP&SNJ and its respective agents and employees.