Social Venture Partners Associate
ABOUT SOCIAL VENTURE PARTNERS PHILADELPHIA
Powered by United Way, Social Venture Partners (SVP) Philadelphia will be part of a global network of philanthropists with over 3,500 Partners in 42 cities and 8 countries across the globe. Locally, SVP Philadelphia fosters a community of engaged leaders, strengthens social impact organizations, and invests in collaborative solutions – building powerful relationships to eliminate intergenerational poverty in our region.
SVP Philadelphia is in the process of launching and we have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, mission driven change-maker to join our team on the ground floor. The SVP Associate will be a key member of the SVP team and manage a diverse set of activities critical to the success of the SVP mission. The SVP Associate will have an opportunity to help shape the operations of the organization with responsibility for directly supporting all activities, including program operations, communications, and event management.
The ideal candidate for the role will be comfortable in dealing with the ambiguity typical of a start-up organization and will be confident in making their own decisions in a supportive environment. Given SVP Philadelphia’s lean operating model, the Associate will need to be very hands-on but will also have the presence and communication skills to interact effectively with senior executive stakeholders across non-profit, government and business.
Overview of Essential Functions and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Plan and execute meetings, community events, and educational programs for partners.
- Manage communications, including production of marketing materials, management of social media and website, electronic newsletter, conducting interviews, writing stories, and research.
- Provide excellent recruitment, retention, and customer service to SVP Partners (members). Activities will include new partner orientation, partner surveys, database management, communications, and quarterly membership reports.
- Support the development and execution of the grantmaking model selected by partners following extensive research and learning via educational programs.
- Support training and matching Partners with skills-based volunteer opportunities.
- Collect performance reports and data from SVP investees and produce progress reports for members.
- Assist in the execution of written policies, procedures, and documents for operational excellence
- Other duties as assigned, including supporting other United Way Capacity Building events and meetings.
Job qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Inspired to support SVP Philadelphia’s and United Way’s missions to eliminate intergenerational poverty in our region.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to operate with a startup mentality.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Professional or educational experience in nonprofit management and/or marketing and communications.
- Experience managing events.
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to work with volunteers and donors.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space.
ABOUT UNITED WAY OF GREATER PHILADELPHIA AND SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY
UWGPSNJ’s mission is to end intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty. To achieve our mission, United Way will: invest deeply in organizations making measurable impact in early education, employment and entrepreneurship, financial empowerment and family stability; grow the impact and pipeline of high-performing organizations through exceptional capacity building and leadership development supports; motivate new philanthropic giving locally and attract national investment in our communities; and construct and convene multi-sector partnerships to address the systemic challenges at the root of poverty.
In early 2020, United Way will announce the launch of Social Venture Partners SVP Philadelphia (SVPPHL). Social Venture Partners is a global leader in engaged philanthropy and this strategic alliance will help United Way achieve its objectives in capacity building and new philanthropy.
SVP Philadelphia powered by United Way is committed to building a diverse community and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Click Here to apply to this position.