Partner, Private Philanthropy Partners Support
UWGPSNJ’s mission is to end intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty.
Team Summary Statement:
The Private Philanthropy Partners Team focuses on cultivating individual donors. By developing relationships, assessing donor and prospect interest, effectively communicating about our impact work, and the creation of engagement opportunities, we increase financial support.
The Partner, Private Philanthropy Partners Support manages the data and administrative functions of the Private Philanthropy team. The position works closely with staff across the institution to ensure accuracy of data and timeliness of donor communications. The position reports to the Managing Director, Private Philanthropy Partners, and works collaboratively with the overall department to build strong donor communities.
Overview of Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Monitor all incoming individual and foundation donations, recognizing trends, and flagging and escalating anything noteworthy
• Generate weekly donor acknowledgement letters and emails ensuring accuracy and troubleshooting any errors with proper departments
• Process pledges and payments in Andar database
• Maintain database information
• Provide support during solicitation mailings including pulling mailing lists, ensuring accuracy of data, and liaising with mail house
• Support event coordination and preparation
• Edit and crosscheck drafts of printed materials
• Provide administrative support as needed for Giving department and executive office
Job qualifications, knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred
• Two or more years of development or related experience
• Strong analytical skills are required
• The ideal candidate is a motivated, highly organized, self-starter who is comfortable working closely and collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues at all levels of the organization
• Excellent computer and phone skills are required, including familiarity with Microsoft Office and relational databases
• Candidate must be a strategic thinker, strong writer, excellent proofreader, and highly attentive to detail
• Demonstrates required core competencies in accordance with the UWGPSNJ Competency Framework
• Department and role specific competencies & skills
• Candidate must be a proactive, team player who can support the Mission Giving Team to build strong donor communities
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position.
Applicants who are, or become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions and meet basic job qualifications either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above information reflects the general responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. This document should not be considered a fully detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned that are not listed in the above job description and the organization may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=0435e6fa-9c31-4b2a-a70f-cec4200a4f06&jobId=266990&lang=en_US&source=CC2&ccId=19000101_000001
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.