Board Liaison and Executive Secretary
Our mission is to end intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty.
Team Summary Statement: The Administrative Support Services Team focuses on providing timely, accurate, high quality internal support that enables the rest of the organization to function effectively.
Role Summary: The Board Liaison/Executive Secretary provides administrative and clerical support for the organization, as well as the Board of Trustees and Executive Committee. This is accomplished by providing relationship management, research, meeting logistics, record and database management, as well as confidential meeting minutes and action items.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Board, Committee and Organization Documents: Executive Secretary prepares and reviews outgoing correspondence for grammar, correctness and completeness, and insures that appropriate material is attached. Review and edit memos or other reports for internal or external distribution.
• Board, Committee and Organization Relations: Executive Secretary will maintain board and executive committee relations, including but not limited to email communications, written communications, thank you note cards, web portal assistance, etc.
• Board, Committee and Organization Contacts: Executive Secretary will maintain internal and external contacts and email distribution lists.
• Board, Committee and Organization Research: Executive Secretary will serve as the main researcher for Board of Trustees, Executive Committee and prospect profiles and prepare thank you acknowledgements and follow-up correspondences for meeting and events.
• Maintain Board and Executive Committee Databases, Records and Filing Systems: Executive Secretary will maintain executive databases and filing systems, both electronic and paper. Attend executive meetings and prepare minutes or summaries of the meeting outcomes. Record keeping provides our organization with a history of what has occurred and will be vital to the progress of the organization.
• Executive Support to the President’s Office:Executive Secretary will be the back-up support for the President’s Office and will also serve as the back-up notary for the organization.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Perform any other duties as requested by the Executive Assistant and Team Lead.
Job qualifications, knowledge, skills & abilities
• Associate’s Degree in related field required, additional qualifications as an Executive Secretary will be a plus.
• 3+ years experience as an Executive Secretary or Executive Office Manager
• Working knowledge of board and executive committee operations
• Hands-on experience with MS Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Well-organized and detail-oriented
• Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
• Attention to detail
• A successful Executive Secretary must be able to multi-task and take instruction from many sources
• Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.