365 DAYS OF CARING
Over the past two decades, more than 30,000 volunteers have participated in thousands of projects through United Way’s 365 Days of Caring. Days of Caring is a year-round effort to achieve collective impact through corporate volunteerism.
365 Days of Caring offers your workplace:
- An opportunity to position your company as a good corporate citizen in Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
- A chance to build a culture of caring among your employees
- The benefits of a meaningful teambuilding experience
- A way to LIVE UNITED by helping others through hands-on activities
We can customize an opportunity for your corporate volunteers in the areas of:
- Organize a professional development workshop for principals and teachers.
- Reward student success by planning a celebration of academic achievement!
- Help hard working, low-income families obtain valuable tax savings by volunteering for one of United Way’s VITA programs.
- Work with dislocated workers and young people to help obtain jobs and prepare for future careers by offering skilled workshops, career coaching and job search presentations.
- Organize a career shadowing day in your office and help to inspire a future professional!
- Help seniors learn more about computer technology and social media by offering a workshop or presentation.
- Volunteer to organize lunch & learn programs for older adults or help staff a group meal at a local senior center.
- Help older adults live independently by providing extra hands to assist with gardening, outdoor maintenance and other basic home repairs.
- Visit a senior center or senior living facility and play games, cards, read or simply be a friend to an older adult!
- Join the fight against hunger by volunteering at a local food distribution center to help sort, organize and pack food boxes.
- Prepare meals for neighbors unable to afford or physically go out and purchase much needed grocery items.
Contact your United Way representative or 215-665-2501/ email@example.com for more information on customized opportunities.