LOANED EXECUTIVE PROGRAM
Each year, local companies participate in United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey’s Loaned Executive Program by providing qualified employees to United Way to assist in our annual campaign. Loaned Executives (LEs) serve as an extension of the United Way fundraising staff and work full-time in United Way offices from mid-August to mid-December.
The Loaned Executive Experience
- Immersion in a fast-paced resource development department during the height of our fundraising campaign
- Extensive development of public speaking, sales & marketing, and relationship management skills
- Growth opportunities through leadership and team building experiences
- Participation in a 13-week series of workshops with some of the region’s top training professionals
- Conversations and networking opportunities with United Way executives
- Site visits to regional nonprofit agencies to gain insight into community needs
A Unique Professional Development Opportunity
United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey’s Loaned Executive Program offers a unique opportunity for professional development and growth, including:
- Eight hours of intensive Dale Carnegie public speaking training
- Relationship management responsibilities for 40-50 campaign accounts
- Up to 30 public speaking engagements on behalf of United Way
- 20 hours of professional development workshops on various topics
- Serve as an essential part of a team that raises more than $63 million annually
Who would be a good candidate for the Loaned Executive Program?
- Emerging leaders who want to build their project management and sales skills
- Middle managers looking for an opportunity for growth
- Retiring executives who are seeking a transition
If our company can’t loan a person, how can we participate?
You can sponsor a Loaned Executive. Your minimum financial contribution of $15,000 enables United Way to hire an individual that represents your company throughout the campaign.
For more information about the Loaned Executive Program, please contact Ben Stango at 215.665.2445 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Vanguard is committed to helping our crew members develop their unique talents and further their expertise. We are also committed to helping individuals in need and strengthening our region.
United Way’s Loaned Executive Program enables us to promote both of these values equally by offering crew members the chance to grow in their careers while giving back to the community.”
F. William McNabb, III
Chairman and CEO
“My experience as a Loaned Executive showed me the value of pushing myself outside of my comfort zone. Now I have more confidence to try new approaches to issues and take on new challenges. I’ve grown personally and professionally as a result. The interpersonal skills I developed while working in teams within United Way, partner agencies and workplace campaigns have helped me be more effective back at my regular job.”
2012 Automotive Resources International Loaned Executive
“For the past two years, Enterprise has selected up-and-coming leaders within our company to serve as United Way Loaned Executives (LEs). The LE professional development experience provided our team members with a unique growth opportunity. The skills they developed during their time at United Way have directly increased their ability to contribute here at Enterprise. We continue to support the LE program because we view it as a valuable means of developing our strongest talent.”
Vice President & General Manager
Enterprise Holdings Inc.
Thank You to Our 2013-14 Sponsors
The Dow Chemical Company • Enterprise Holdings Inc. • EY
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia • Holman Automotive
TD Bank, N.A. • Tropicana Casino & Resort • Vanguard
|Dale Carnegie is proud to support United Way by developing the leadership and presentation skills of Loaned Executives, helping them to deliver a powerful campaign message that engages audiences and increases support to give, advocate and volunteer.|