UNITED WAY WOMEN’S INITIATIVE
A leadership network committed to philanthropy and volunteerism
Our mission is simple: to mobilize the power of women to give, advocate and volunteer in support of at-risk women and girls.
We are women making an impact:
for Women and Girls
in Our Region
Events - Get engaged!
The Women’s Initiative regularly hosts a variety of events for members and supporters. For information on upcoming events, please click here.
Our United Way Women’s Initiative
Our local United Way Women’s Initiative, an affiliate of the national Women’s Leadership Council, gives professional women who are committed to philanthropy and volunteerism a vehicle for involvement in an organization that:
- Has raised close to $3 million to support our signature program Girls Today, Leaders Tomorrow and other programs that improve the lives of at-risk women and girls
- Offers opportunities for mentoring and volunteering with agencies that work with at-risk adolescent girls to develop core values that support their future success
- Engages in fundraising and “friend”-raising events, including the annual Women’s Initiative Gala
- Provides mentoring opportunities with seasoned members for emerging women leaders through our Women’s Initiative Next Generation (WING) Network
- Supports United Way as the region’s leading catalyst for change, ensuring that everyone has access to a quality education, a family-sustaining income and good health.
Thank You to Our Presenting Sponsor